Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Mothers out there! My Mom too! The card's in the mail. I know you've heard that before. I think I said the same thing last year. My timing's usually off by a few days. These Hallmark occasions pop into my head two weeks before the actual date, and then again on the day before. Way too early, then two days too late.

So, Mom, if you were out here in California I would take you out for a champagne brunch. But because you're in Texas, all you get is a card. And a late one at that. Next year, when I'm a rich and powerful attorney, I'll fly you out here in my private jet and we'll run out to Maui for lunch. (;-)> Ahhh, but don't hold your breath. It's more likely that you'll simply get another card. But I'll try to get it to you on time next year, honest.

On a local note, I'm sure glad God invented aspirin. And I'm glad I didn't finish that 6-pack. When I was 25, or even 30, six beers would have been a warm up. No so, these days. My old metabolism doesn't process the alcohol like it used to. At least I know enough to stay home when I drink. Having a safety first attitude means that I hit 49 years old without having to explain a DUI on my Moral Character Determination Application. I know many people half my age that aren't that lucky.

I used to take the weekend off after a final exam. I just can't do it today. I slept in and that will have to be enough.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! And the same to all of you Moms out there in Blog-Land!

No comments: