Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tutelage

It's a good thing I've enlisted the aid of a tutor for my essay writing. He called back right away after I sent him the completed Torts essay and let me know I was on the right track. Between talking with him and my law school profs, I've figured out that what is required for a passing grade on a law school essay is different than what's required for the Bar. For me, anyway.

The tutor said I missed what I thought were two minor issues and my structure was good for the negligence but the false imprisonment needed work. I would have been confident of a 75 or maybe an 80 if I had been writing it for school. He said the Bar probably would have given me a 65. That tells me, at least for that one essay, I'm at a minimally proficient level for the Bar exam. Somehow that doesn't fill me with hope. If I had completed it in one hour, however, I would be more encouraged.

Hey, this thing's a marathon, not a sprint, right?

No comments: