Friday, June 29, 2007

If I combine ...

... my study efforts of yesterday and today I might just get one full day. Maybe.

Today started out slowly because I stumbled on the video of that Paul Potts guy in the English version of Idol. That's a great story. I spent most of an hour watching the related clips. It was fun and entertaining, but I should have been doing something else. I didn't even have a good excuse. I didn't even have a stupid non-bar-related paper to write. (;-)>

But no matter how dreary my day was, I always go to bed happy because I just know that tomorrow is going to be a better day. The problem is, I need a few more days, and soon, where I think that tomorrow can't possibly be any better than today.

A lot of them, actually.

On a different note... My school said they're going to send my "certification" (or whatever it's called) off to the Bar soon. Any day now. Yep. Right away. Next week probably. Fer sure. Maybe. Uh huh.

The problem is, any day now I'll be receiving that letter from the Bar warning me that my school has yet to provide the required documentation, and that if it doesn't arrive at least two weeks before the exam they won't let me in the front door. I called the school on Wednesday. The person in charge of that process told me that they have until the 11th to get it to the Bar. My suggestion was that they not wait until the 10th. Or the 9th. Or the 8th, 7th, 6th, 5th or 4th. I politely, and firmly, suggested that the documentation needs to be sent in by Monday. And I would be none too happy if I went through all of this school crap and studying stuff only to be told that my school hosed everything up by sending the forms in late. Yep. None too happy. Can we say NIED? Damages? You want to see damages?!? I'll show you physical damages! Triple Blah!

Ah well... whaddya' gonna' do, anyway? Somewhere above the wood and tar paper and asphalt shingles of my roof, above the trees and the semi-permanent layer of stuff we call "air" out here where I live, somewhere up there, the stars are slowly moving into alignment. It's all going to come together on the 24th and I'm going to be transformed into a rule spouting, fact analyzing Bar Taking Machine! And the transformation is going to last for three days. After that, I'll have a couple of drinks, play a little golf, and get down tonig... ahem... I mean, get on with my life. Sorry about that, a little latent disco popped out there. I thought I had purged the 70's from my system a long time ago. How embarrassing. I think it's time to go to bed.

No comments: