Saturday, June 23, 2007

Now that I'm done with law school, I feel ...

... no different. Actually, that's not exactly correct. I learned something today. I learned that I really need to work on writing essays in one hour. And that makes me feel nervous.

I did okay on Evidence, but the Con Law essay kicked my butt. The only reason I finished it was that I outlined it on the laptop. I usually outline on paper then transfer it as I go along. But because I set the issues up in advance this time, I could simply skip down and plug in the analysis. I was surprised however, at how little analysis I was able to do in one hour. Actually, it was more like 50 minutes because I went over a bit on the Evidence essay. Regardless, I feel like I could have done better.

But law school is done. Yay.

I believe it's Miller Time!

5 comments:

calbar blondie said...

Good for you, GP! Will your law school certify you to the Bar immediately? This is cutting it awfully close!

The Grand Poobah said...

Yeah. I was wondering the same thing. when I did a transcript review last year I asked them about the very short time frame between my last class and the exam. Their response was something to the effect of "The Bar asks us if you're going to pass, we tell them 'Yes', and you're good to go." So, apparently that has already happened. I'll call them on Monday to make sure.

But I haven't yet received my ticket to the exam so I'm starting to wonder ...

xkx said...

I haven't received my admission ticket yet either...

and, again, congrats! you should be proud of yourself.

calbar blondie said...

Congratulations, the J.D. is certainly a huge accomplishment. I did receive my admission ticket on Friday. If it does not come in the mail by the end of next week, you should probably call the Bar and check on it. Did you get the laptop certified and all?

The Grand Poobah said...

Thanks very much!

I certified the laptop right away. Received the e-mails and the letter from the Bar. They know I exist. It's probably a simple matter of timing.

Still, I'll feel much better when I have it in hand.