Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Judging by the number of hits this blog is receiving ...

... it appears that there remains a bit of interest in the life and times and trials and tribulations of my post-exam and pre-results existence. I'll try, therefore, to be more attentive to all y'all. Seriously though, when I started this blog, I didn't expect to have any more traffic than my immediate family. I sincerely appreciate the camaraderie of you who find my rantings and musings worthy of a few minutes of your time. Thanks for being there. I feel like you're a safety net into which I can let myself fall when my anxiety level rises to uncomfortable levels.

Obviously, my life post-exam has been relatively anxiety free compared to the first part of the year. My impending financial meltdown has been postponed by a combination of the acquisition of the two jobs and the ridiculously high real estate values in Southern California. The loan to value ration on my house is very low so that, coupled with the jobs and my credit rating, have enabled me to extend the amount of time I need to pay off the debt I racked up while in school. Plus, it seems that my mortgage company is happy to extend credit to a prospective lawyer (there's that word again.) Apparently I'm an even better credit risk now that I actually have the JD.

Speaking of the jobs... They're working out pretty well but they aren't developing as quickly as I had expected. Of course, I'm not a very patient person. I want what I want when I want it, and I want it now. But the wisdom I've gained in my 50 years on this earth advises me that the world doesn't operate on my timetable. And I at least have the financial buffer now to let things develop properly. I've also learned that when I rush things, something frequently doesn't form up properly and the end result is weaker than it would have been had I been patient. So patient, I'm being.

My professional life isn't as glamorous as that of Biff or Amanda or any of you who got jobs at big firms. But it's satisfying enough at the moment because I'm comfortable and I like what I'm doing. I guess that's all anyone can really ask for. Okay... it not all that I can ask for, but it's a good start. (;-)>

And did I mention that there are only 51 days until results?

Thought so!

Try to remain sane!

3 comments:

biff said...

Today I had lunch at my desk. I ate dinner at Taco Bell but reviewed documents as I ate. I accidentally got cheese sauce on an article. I carry around a stack of 50 articles with me everywhere I go, and I hi-light passages in them with 6 differently-colored hi-lighters.

abbagirl said...

i just stumbled across your blog. from one prospective lawyer to another, best of luck on the calbar! seriously, the waiting is the worst.

:-P

legis said...

Like everyone else I meet on here who isn't me, you'll probably pass. I'm pretty confident for you.