Saturday, May 15, 2010

This Blog is in Need of a Little Housekeeping

I haven't done much in the way of maintenance on this blog in quite a while.  I should probably at least click on all of the links to make sure they're still active.  And I need to find a new countdown timer.   Or not.  (;-)>

My lack of attention to this blog does proves one thing, though.  It proves that however much time I spent on it before, whether a lot or a little, the blog was not the cause of my failing the exam.  So everyone who bitched and moaned and groaned at me for posting here "when I should have been studying" was wasting their time.  On the bright side however, their regular and consistent griping adds credibility to my theory that some people are not happy unless they're miserable or they're making someone else miserable, if that makes sense.  I'll never understand people like that.  Life's too short ...

Hasta la vista, mi amigos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Brian (mi amigo :-))

Well, upon the past fourteen hours of self reflection and some deep soul searching, this is what I have decided for myself (with my wife's blessing of course)...

It has taken me three years to get through law school (may 2004 - May 2007) and the past three years to pass the bar exam (took it four times)...

My past exam results have been (1269 - 1255 - 1260 - waiting for the mail to come in on my recent fourth attempt)...

If my combined score this fourth time does not come in at 1262 or better (hoping and praying it does)I will not be taking this exam again...

I have decided that I am not going to let my ego lead me by the nose, in continuing to destroy myself, my loved ones, etc...

I will make the even more difficult decision, to take my B.S. in Accounting degree and my J.D. in law and entertain a new career path, that I may be mopre suitable for...

I have always prior to going to law school wondered, what it might be like, to become a professional financial underwriter in corporate America, I believe that my past twenty nine years in the business world coupled with these degrees, might just be my ticket...

After all, I for one need to find a way to put food on my table and turn the tables on the loved ones that have given it all up for me the past six years and start returning the favor now...

I do wish especially our host/friend Brian continued success in working hard at accomplishing his dream and also to the many others that are in the same position as him...

All the best to all.

Gabriel

Anonymous said...

Good luck gabriel, please post what you decide to do.

Unknown said...

Hey Bri -

Here's a post I saw today on my FB page and it's so fitting with your post -

"What you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life."

You're a good guy and there's more good here on this board than bad, that's for sure!

I know people that whine endlessly and sometimes I ignore, sometimes I "join in" to "get along" and what often follows is - - - shocking - - I feel worse and have to stop and remind myself I don't need to "get along" with those people.

Stay strong! We're all rooting for you.