Thursday, June 28, 2007

Enough, Already!

That is, I/You/We know enough, already, to pass the CA GBX.

We just have to work on our delivery method. Essay construction is important. I say "construction" because I believe that the way an essay is put together is just as important as what's in it. A friend who didn't pass the Feb exam told me that his score on the Crim Law essay was a 60. But during the exam, after he finished writing it, he felt very confident that he had nailed all of the issues, and that based on his performance in practice he would/should/could easily score an 80 or 85 on that particular answer.

Now that he has his answers back and his tutor has reviewed them, it looks like his weakness was in the way he laid out the issues and the focus that he put on the major v minor issues.

It looks like I'm going to be doing a lot more writing in the next three weeks.

Of course, I'm sure you all know this already. But I had to get it on the record. This way, later, I can use it as a club with which to beat myself when I find that I'm not following my own advice. You know, accountability and all that.

No comments: