Tuesday, June 5, 2007

They said I missed a very nice swearing in ceremony

It was only the two of them. The judge took them on a walkabout at the courthouse, showing them the various stuff and such. I told them I didn't make the ceremony because I had Remedies issues. They understood completely. One of my study buddies and I went out to Ontario on the last day of the Feb exam to debrief them and take them out to dinner. I think we've started a new tradition. Dinner on the last day of the exam. Dinner after they/we/I pass. Hey, we're batting 1000 so far.

It was reassuring to talk to them about what they did to prepare and what helped most on the test. We exchanged stories and plans (some for the second and third time) and generally showered them with praise as they basked in the glory of having passed the California Bar Exam. On the first try, no less. Life is good. For them, that is. Life is good for them. For me? Well, I've still got a lot of studying to do. And then there's that three-day stretch in late July. Blah.

But tonight was a preview of the good things to come.

And I had two beers. In a row. For the first time since... I don't know, about a month.

Everything is satisfactual. Zip-a-dee-do-dah.

No comments: