Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Will I reap what I sow?

If the answer is in the affirmative then I stand a good chance at convincing the bar graders that I should at least be given the opportunity to try to practice law before they bounce me later for screwing up (knocking firmly on wooden noggin').

My schedule leaves no room for ... well, anything other than studying. I've provided no time for what I'm doing right now (this blog). However, I do believe in break time. And I'm currently on a study break. (;-)>

I've scheduled 80-90 percent of my day for studying. I could schedule more hours but I know there will be deviations so I'm leaving a little bit of room for flexibility.

Anyway, if the stars align properly and my karma doesn't run over the bar grader's dogma, and if it doesn't rain and the creeks don't rise, and if the graders are up to date on their meds when my exams are in front of them, and if I don't suffer a brain cramp or three (or six) (or TEN) during the exam, and if I get back to studying, I might just reap what I'm sowing here.

Maybe. Hopefully.

I wonder if Vegas takes odds on a person's chances on the bar exam. Probably not. Even their professional handicappers wouldn't stand a chance in the arbitrary world of bar exam scoring.

By the way, there's a sale at Von's on Lean Cuisine entrées. I stocked up on Sunday but I think I'll have to go back for more. They're edible from the microwave and, if not reasonably healthy, at least won't cause me to balloon up during this sedentary period.

Now get back to those books. And don't forget to do at least 35 MBEs today. And write a couple of essays while you're at it. And don't forget the PT practice. And get some sleep. But not too much sleep. And memorize those rules. And I'll go away now...

6 comments:

xkx said...

I think its only called Vons in Southern California. I think in other parts its Safeway.

calbar blondie said...

Don't forget the Vons has double coupons again:) Kind of hitting the wall this afternoon. But I did put three great uninterrupted hours in at the local library this morning.

The Grand Poobah said...

xkx: Right, you are! Thanks for the assist.

blondie: The wall. Yes. I'm familiar with that wall. It has my face prints all over it.

Amanda said...

Thanks for the public service announcement. I too stock up on the lean cuisines... And just think- if we pass this damn thing, we can just buy them regardless of if they're on sale!

The Grand Poobah said...

Amanda: That's exactly right! One of the fringies of passing (and getting a job!), is that the first thought that goes through my head when I'm looking for something to eat won't be "What's on sale?"

Richard said...

I scheduled everything really well... or I thought so - I had kinda scheduled out sleep :(