Sunday, July 1, 2007

Schedule, No More

I removed the link to my study schedule. It ceased to be relevant about a week ago. It's been replaced by this plan:

1) Quickly review a subject in the morning.

2) Issue spot and outline essays for 3-4 hours.

3) Write 1-2 essays in the afternoon/evening.

Somewhere in there I'm working MBEs and PTs.

On a different note ... Earlier this morning I composed a reply to a query on a discussion board from someone looking for advice on starting a 2nd career in Law. It morphed from a considered reply into a long rant because I ended up responding not only to that person but subconsciously, and then consciously, to the entire board in general because of the content and tone of a lot of the other posts on that board. I wasted almost an hour on it, but it proved therapeutic. I deleted my reply before hitting the "Send" button. However, I find it hard to comprehend the degree to which public discourse has become uncivilized. Whatever happened to the old maxim, "If you haven't got anything nice to say..."?

Whatever. I guess I'm just an old-fashioned kind of guy.

No comments: