Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy Labor Day!

Because both my birthday and that of my younger sister falls in the first week of September, whenever Labor Day rolls around I always think of the childbirth type of Labor rather than the manual, blue collar, unionized, work-a-day type of Labor that the holiday was meant to honor.

Yep, Labor day for my mother had a special meaning. The exception was my older brother who was born around Thanksgiving. Apparently, with my sister and myself, my mother decided that she'd rather get the hard work finished with a bit more time to rest up before the holidays.

And there's only 74 days left until the results are released. Here's to the hope that the Bar Graders are putting some labor this weekend. Cheers, blokes! Please make sure you're in a good mood when you pick up my folders.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

By chance, do you know when the NCBEX will release the MBE results? I believe they will be sent by mail before the official results are out.

NC already got the results and admission!

Thanks,

Matt

The Grand Poobah said...

Yep, North Kakalaky gets theirs earlier than we do.

I don't believe we'll get any results from the NCBEX directly. And we'll only know our MBE scores if we happen not to achieve the minimum passing score overall.

calbar blondie said...

Yes, but like CA, the ones who pass in NC will not get their scores. So again, we really don't know yet what that magic number is!I do not, for one, really want to know!
CA usually has the highest median score that gets one in a safe zone,according to all those wise men on jd you know where! I tend to believe them, too.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog - it's comforting to read about someone else in the same position. Finding work is turning out to be harder than writing the bar exam!