It looks like the website behind my old timer went bust. I downloaded the code from a site that provided free flash modules to paste into your blog, but the code had to link back to their site to work properly. That didn't seem to be problematic, so I let it do its thing. Now, though, the site, flashmysite.com, has disappeared.
I'm probably not going to track down another one because I'm kind of burying myself in my preparations for this exam. I've gotten serious about changing what's wrong with my writing and, with everything else I've got to do, I'm not inclined to take the time to find a new timer.
I reserve the right, however, to change my mind about that.