Monday, July 6, 2015

And The Beat Goes On ...

In case anyone is interested (and I'm not sure anyone is!), my tenure as a "Litigation Attorney" has come to an end.  The client decided it was no longer financially prudent to sue his customers so he stopped filing suits against them.  Good for him, bad for me.  As such, I'm trying to meet my own financial obligations by doing contract work, and I'm talking with a couple of other attorneys about starting our own small firm. 

Tough times, but it should be easier to endure as an attorney than it was as an "attorney candidate!" 

Good luck to those of you studying for the July 2015 exam.  Keep your head down, limit distractions, and know in your heart that you CAN pass this thing! 

Cheers!   GP

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

and why did we pass the bar again? There are some days that I wonder "what was it all for? "

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up GP-Cat (ha!). You stuck with it and passed the bar. You are a smart, smart ATTORNEY and you will succeed. This bump in the road is economic driven, and not performance driven. If it was the latter, I would be concerned. You WILL succeed GP!

Anonymous said...

Pooba Cat - Can we get your views on this: http://abovethelaw.com/2015/07/california-bar-exam-cut-from-three-days-to-two/

Happy or sad? You know back in our day we had to walk uphill both ways to school. Ha!

The Grand Poobah said...

I'll take a look. Get back to you later.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pooba Cat!

Anonymous said...

GP - Just wanted to follow up on the 7/28 11:04 post.