Saturday, May 19, 2007

Leaping

I've taken a leap, of sorts. I placed a link to my study schedule on the right side of the blog. It's part of my plan of self-motivation. It's like I've invited "Big Brother" to peek over my shoulder. To keep me honest, so to speak. A little added pressure (like I need that).

The schedule is not carved in stone. Life, and other study opportunities will still intervene. For example, My sister called yesterday afternoon and reminded me that the local church was having their fund-raining "Festival" this weekend. I never miss these things. I love to support the church and I'm very good at the dime toss. Our kitchen cabinets are full of stuff that previously held a dime tossed by yours truly. And I seem to have a knack for (eventually) making the shot with the basketball no matter how small they make the rim. I consider it a good way to support the church and a fun night out with the extended family.

And on the bar-prep side, one of my study-buddies occasionally calls with an opportunity to sit in on a lecture or workshop here or there. I'm being very selective about my deviations from the schedule the closer I get to the exam but I'll still change the routing for the right opportunity.

Again, my schedule is not carved in stone. It's simply what I will be doing when nothing interferes. It's currently only completed up to June 3rd. If you really want to see me sweat, wait until I fill in the time between then and July 23rd.

So In a perfect world, that's what I'll be doing. If anyone cares, there it is. For the immediate future, anyway. Concrete proof that I'm either a nut, or I'm determined to pass.

4 comments:

Alexis said...

I care and absolutely adore the idea of the calender. Could you also incorporate a chat thingy (gosh i'm beginning to sound like my kids) if you're into chating?

There's a sample on my page.

The Grand Poobah said...

I could. And I would. But I fear that I'd spend the day chatting instead of studying. I've been sucked down that black hole before. Actually in my case it's more like a bright, shiny, sparkling beacon that acts like a siren song calling me to spend just a little more time chatting.

But I'll look into it today after class. (See! Resistance is futile!)

legis said...

This is a great idea. I think I might do this on my own site.

The Grand Poobah said...

Well, it serves multiple purposes. It helps me stay organized and on track. It holds my feet to the fire a bit because now that I've told everyone what I'm going to do, I had better do it. And in an indirect way, it reminds me that time is indeed very short. I've got a lot of remembering and practicing to do and precious little time in which to do it.